Our goal is to make wide support for Decent Work agenda as one of most important conditions for socio-economic development in Serbia through raising public awareness and knowledge on this topic and synergy between citizens and all stakeholders.
Central part of the project is "Crno na belo" campaign which will motivate and encourage citizens to fight for their workers' rights and speak up about workers' rights violations. Some of our concerns are such as unpaid work, unregistered work, occupational safety and health, discrimination, mobbing.
Our activities are various:
- Communication and interaction - we offer integral, informative and interactive on-line platform www.crnonabelo.com) where useful advices and direction for workers' rights protection can be found, as well as many examples of good and bad practices. We are active in social media also.
- Support network - built through established network encompassing prominent figures from culture, independent institutions, businesses, media in purpose of Decent work agenda promotion
- Local coalitions - we target local decision makers, businesses, and CSOs
- Street actions - direct communication with citizens on suggested topics and public appearance
- Individual testimonials gathering
- State institution efficiency analysis - necessary changes in legal/institutional framework will be identified, formulated, presented and advocated for among policy makers on local and national level
- NGOs Mobilizing Rally - massive gathering of NGOs activists for Decent work agenda support
1. Our messages are designed for workforce
2. Our partnership building activities are directed to non-governmental organizations, media, syndicates, professional associations, business sector, independent bodies and specific government institutions.
3. Our advocacy activities involve all relevant decision makers and institutions - MPs, misdemeanor courts, labor inspectorates, local decision makers and relevant ministry representatives.
- More powerful citizens' voices in influencing public policy
- NGOs becoming an important actor in representing citizens' major concerns
- Built wider public support for improvement of working conditions and decent work agenda in general
- Proposed guidelines for improvement/ better protection of workers' rights by recommending changes in legislation and the work of relevant institutions.
Project is implemented by six non-governmental organizations - Center for Democracy Foundation, Center for the Development of the Non Profit Sector, Centre for New Communications Dokukino, Timok club, Resource center Majdanpek and NGO Together, together and supported by USAID through The Institute for Sustainable Communities.