The First Regional Round Table „Health and Safety at Work in Western Balkans“
Representatives of the Center for Democracy Foundation, Natasa Vuckovic and Jovana Pantovic participate today at the the first regional round table organized by the partner organization Center for Labour Rights from Albania.
This regional project has been initiated by non-governmental organizations from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Kosovo which continuously advocate for better protection of labour rights, through advocating for improved legal framework, more efficient controle in implementation of the regulations. In the countries of the Western Balkans there is a need to introduce EU standards in the field of occupational health and safety, to upgrade the protection mechanisms. Although the countries of the Western Balkans are at different stage of EU integration, they face common challenges and problems - Harmonization of legal framework is often slow, knowledge and information among the employers and the employees is often insufficient, capacities of labour inspections are scarce, there is inconsistency in implementation of the regulations also by judicial bodies. The high percentage of unregistered work make that the unregistered workers are additionally exposed to risks of professional injuries. These problems are to be considered along the regional meetings with aim to exchange practice, information and create platform for generally improved labour scene in the Western Balkans. Non-governmental organizations are natural allies in this field, but cooperation with employers organizations is also needed in view of determined objections and visible progress.
The second regional round table will be organized in Prishtina, and the third one in Belgrade, both in October 2018.
The project is supported by the Olof Palme International Center.
Center for Democracy Foundation
2018-10-30 | Belgrade
- Comments/recommendations concerning the 2018-2020 Economic Reform Programme (ERP)
- Center for Democracy Foundation (Presentation)
- Položaj žena na tržištu rada
- Profil radnika zaposlenih preko agencija za privremeno zapošljavanje
- Statistics and Decent Work
- Analiza stručnih i političkih predloga za ustavnu reformu
- Izveštaj „Regulacija lizinga radne snage u Republici Srbiji“
- Analiza efekata primene izmena i dopuna Zakona o radu
- Regulacija "lizinga radne snage" u Republici Srbiji
- Pojmovnik dostojanstvenog rada
- DPF: Može li Srbija bez nauke? (Bilten br. 7)
- DPF: Ima li podele vlasti u Srbiji? (Bilten br. 6)
- DPF: Šta su doneli izbori? (Bilten br. 5)
- DPF: Migracije i evropske integracije (Bilten br. 4)
- Ka većoj transparentnosti i jasnim kriterijumima za zapošljavanje u javnom sektoru
- Lokalne samouprave i pristupni pregovori – zbornik radova
- Priručnik o programskom budžetu lokalnih samouprava u Srbiji
- Publikacija Informacioni sistem za potrebe Inspektorata za rad