New ‘SMELT’ Project
Improving the position of vulnerable groups and providing the skills necessary to join the labour market
The Center for Democracy Foundation has begun the implementation of the new two-year Erazumus+project SMELT - Skilled Marginalised People to Enter the Labour Market.
The project is being implemented in collaboration with 8 partners - Samarcanda società cooperativa sociale Onlus, Italija, Italy, Mosha Pijade Vocational Secondary School, Tetovo, Northern Macedonia, SYNTHESIS CENTER FOR RESEARCH AND EDUCATION LIMITED, Cyprus, ASOCIACION MAR VIOLETA, Spain, SDRUZHENIE YUNI PARTNERS, Bulgaria, ASSOCIATION DES AGENCES DE LA DEMOCRATIE LOCALE (ALDA), France, Ecor International S.p.A., Italy and the Center for Democracy Foundation, Serbia.
The project aim is to improve the position of vulnerable groups, the homeless and migrants, in particular, and provide the skills they need to join the labour market. Project implementation will take place over several phases - after mapping and candidate selection, a total of 240 participants (30 per partner) will go through various soft skills training, improving communication skills, digital literacy and CV preparation. Once all participants have gone through training, 80 candidates (10 per partner) will attend a welding course. Trainers and educators in both phases will remain involved during the entire process and will actively monitor each candidate’s progress. The expectation is that after training, each candidate will become fully integrated into society.
The project is financed by the European Union through Erazmus + program.
- Analysis: Elderly poverty in Serbia and Agenda 2030 (Summary)
- Closing Conference of the SDGs for All Platform - Recommendations
- Analysis: Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda (Summary)
- Energy Poverty Analysis (Summary)
- Analysis of the Gender Mainstreaming in the Economic Reform Programme for the period 2022-2024 (summary)
- Publication: Social Impact of Public Policies
- Regional Youth Compact for Europe - Project Report
- SDGs for ALL Project Brochure
- Serbia 2030: Development priorities – the non-state sector report
- Youth Transformative Potential in the EU Integration Processes and Post-Covid-19 Developments in the Western Balkans (Comparative Study)
- Democracy and EU enlargement in the Western Balkans: Can there be one without the other?
- Policy recommendation: Eradicating Poverty as Serbia’s Number One Strategy
- Policy Recommendation: Fulfilment of International Labour Organisation Standards as a Precondition of Sustainable Development in Serbia
- Serbia 2030: Readiness for implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- LABOUR MARKET AND EMPLOYMENT - SUMMARY REPORT
- Public Sector Ban on Employment – Issues and Recommendations
- Do we have the right to cultural rights?
- The Rule of Law in the Chapter 19 - Social Policy and Employment