During 2022, the Center for Democracy Foundation acted in accordance with its program portfolio, which consists of three basic programs: advocating for the European integration of Serbia, encouraging public dialogue and encouraging sustainable economic and social development, including the promotion of economic and social rights.
During 2022, the CDF implemented six projects, actively acted within the framework of the National Convention on the European Union (NCEU), within the framework of the the European Association for Local Democracy, the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS) and the UN Global Compact.
CDF 2022 in numbers:
- Activities realized in Pirot, Zaječar, Knjaževac, Niš, Leskovac, Požega, Užice, Novi Sad, Zrenjanin, Apatin, Novi Pazar, Veliko Gradište and others.
- Three trainings were held for local self-government in the field of development planning and three trainings for representatives of marginalized groups for the protection of rights on the labor market.
- More than 20 debates and workshops were held with the participation of more than 1000 citizens in vivo and online.
- More than 50 external associates were engaged in the activities of the Foundation.
- 24 blogs, analyses, public policy proposals were published.
- During 2022, the Foundation had very good media representation - 148 articles were published in print and online media about FCD activities.
The Most Successful Projects 2020-2022:
- Sustainable Development Goals for All Platform
- Labour Rights are Our Rights: Social and Economic Rights and Sustainable Development
- Policies Beneficial to All - Improving Monitoring of the Impact of Economic Policies on Society
- Regional Youth Compact for Europe
- Connecting the dots
- Dialogue in the Center – Social Forum
- Coordination of the Working Group for Chapters 2 and 19 at National Convention on the European Union
- Extending Social Protection to families in Serbia with enhanced shock-responsiveness
- SMELT - Skilled Marginalised People to Enter the Labour Market
- New Quality in Education for Gender Equality (LAWGEM)
- Strenghtening gender equality in Serbia
Dedicated to Promoting EU values in Serbia
Along 25 years of operation, CDF has advocated for integration of Serbia into the EU, through strengthening of human resources and institutional capacities for democracy, rule of law and human rights.
CDF is highly competent in promoting EU values and policies on local level, with experience in development of human resources and institutional capacities.
It has a significant track record in advocating for public administration reform, particularly in the areas which are mostly important for citizens (good governance and EU standards implementation in local government, inspections reform, and recruitment and hiring practice in public sector).
Key Achievements 2017-2021
Advocating for a Stronger Social Dimension of the EU integration process
CDF is one of the leading organizations active in Serbia in the socio-economic field where CDF advocates for the policies of sustainable economic and social development policies, through a wide network of partners and associates, from trade unions to employers, and from academia to civil society.
By constantly increasing its expertise and experience in the monitoring of economic, social and labor rights in a changing economic environment and in the context of the development perspective, CDF influenced public policies through recommending modification of legal and institutional framework.
This expertise earned the CDF a position of a Chair of the Working group for monitoring Chapters 2 and 19 (Freedom of Movement for Workers and Social Policy and Employment) within the National Convention on the EU (NCEU), the largest CSOs umbrella organization in Serbia.
CDF directs its activities in the field of economic and social rights to the needs of vulnerable target groups, such as women, young people, elderly citizens, members of the LGBT community, etc. The Foundation has provided direct legal advice to more than 20,000 people.
Key Achievements 2017-2021
Promoting Public Dialogue
We bring together policy makers, experts, businessmen, journalists and social activists. Together we engage in debating key issues and search for common approaches in finding solutions.
The CDF Platform Dialogue in the Center is a place for public dialogue, where scholars, activists, politicians and analysts exchange their views on key strategic issues and development challenges
We participate in all relevant EU accession-related fora and events, such as in the meeting of the Joint Consultative Committee EU-Serbia on civil society and annual briefings at the EU Delegation on the EC report on Serbia.
Key Achievements 2017-2021
Expected Results Important events to come in 2020
- Dialogue in the Center 7 debates in Belgrade and 3 local debates on issues relevant for the accession negotiations in cooperation with the EU Info Center, along 2020
- Launch of the Society Wide Platform for Sustainable Development Goals and national conference, March 2020
- Developed methodology for monitoring social impact of reforms – with Manual for CSOs, and final Conference in June 2020
- Sub-granting program Youth Fund „We Have a Say!“ - support to local youth organizations fostering active citizenship and participation of young people at the local level.
- Politeia Western Balkan School for Youth Participation, September 2020
- Capacity building trainings for trade unions and civil society organizations
- Labour Rights in Serbia - Report and Conference in December 2020
- Shadow report on Social Reforms, October 2020
- Conference: Rule of Law and Fundamental Rights as key elements in socio-economic development planning and delivery of reforms, in November 2020.
- Regional internship program for students (RYCE project)
- Mainstreaming gender equality locally: In-depth analyses of local development plans and local plans for gender equality in 9 municipalities
- Desk research: Employment practices in public sector – in search for open and accountable institution
Profile and Key Achievements 2017-2019
- SDGs for All Platform newsletter (September 2023)
- POLITEIA Regional School for Youth Participation 2023 (leaflet)
- SDGs for All Platform newsletter (June 2023)
- Regional Youth Dialogue for Europe (leaflet)
- Poverty Projections for Older Persons
- The Impact of the Global Crisis on Vulnerable Groups
- Improving the Lives of Marginalised Groups
- The Tool For The Introduction Of The ‘Leave No One Behind’ Principle Into Legislative And Strategic Acts Of The Republic Of Serbia
- Easy Handbook to Support Professionals in working with Marginalised Groups
- User manual: How to Find a Job?
- Analysis: Elderly poverty in Serbia and Agenda 2030 (Summary)
- Closing Conference of the SDGs for All Platform - Recommendations
- Analysis: Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda (Summary)
- Energy Poverty Analysis (Summary)
- Analysis of the Gender Mainstreaming in the Economic Reform Programme for the period 2022-2024 (summary)
- Publication: Social Impact of Public Policies
- Regional Youth Compact for Europe - Project Report
- SDGs for ALL Project Brochure