Center for Democracy Foundation is recognized in public for its devotion to public dialogue, strong institutions and for improvement and protection of economic and social rights, with focus on work related rights. Center is a reliable interlocutor in discussions, partner to other CSOs, independent institutions and international organizations.
We influence public policies through cooperation with state institutions.
Since 2013, CDF has been a member of a Foundation for European Progressive Studies FEPS, which gathers foundations of progressive and/or social-democratic profile.
CDF is also a member of the United Nations Global Compact.
Main achievements in numbers:
- More than 90 projects
- 18.000 citizens following CDF social networks’ profiles and 13.000 included in our on field activities
- 1532 students in School “Politeia” creating a powerful and influential alumni community
- 238 young leaders in School for young political and social leaders “Perikles”
- More than 630 policy makers participated in conferences and debates
- 436 local counsels from 65 municipalities participated in the training for local and regional development “EU values and standards in local communities”
- 240 women trained for better job search and vocational trainings
- 120 women politicians in European Policy for Gender Mainstreaming Network
- 112 partners in local, national and European level, and a network of more than 100 experts
- More than 170 seminars and trainings
- 64 conferences, 73 publications, 12 conducted researches and on field surveys
- 12 public campaigns with visibility leading to outreach of 500.000 persons
- More than 30 publications
- 50 donors
OUR MOST SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS 1995–2017:
- Labour Rights in Serbia (2016 - );
- PLATFORM for Monitoring of the Implementation of the Economic Reform Programme ERP and the Employment and Social Reform Programme ESRP in the European Integration Process;
- Coordination of the Working Group for Chapters 2 and 19 within the National Convention on the European Union (NCEU) – (2014 - );
- Women and Labour Market – Decent Work Standards in Practice (2017);
- Crno na belo (2010-2014);
- Towards Increased Transparency and Clear Criteria for Employment in Public Sector – Stop Political Employment (2012-2016);
- Democratic Political Forum (later called “Dialogue in the Center”) (2007-2017);
- Contribution of local self-governments to negotiations on the accession of Serbia to the EU (2014);
- European Values and Policies in Local Communities (2006-2012);
- The power of Social Responsibility – The state, business and the public together in the protection of economic and social rights (2007-2008);
- The Return of Women to the Labour Market (2006);
- Politeia - School for Civil Society (1998-2009);
- Perikles – School for social and political leadership (2002-2005);
- Forum of the Yugoslav NGOs (1998-2001).
OUR LATEST RESEARCHES:
- Analyses of the National Social Reports of the EU Member States in the context of the Serbian EU Accession and the European Semester Light Processes (2017)
- Statistics and Decent Work - A Critical Analysis of the Political Interpretation of Labour Statistics (2017)
- Women in Labour Market (2017)
- Profiles of the Employed through Private Employment Agencies (in cooperation with the Team for Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction)
- Analysis of the effects of the implementation of modifications of the Labour Law (2016)
- Decent Work and Shadow Economy (2013)
The Center for Democracy Foundation (CDF) continually promotes EU values and policies at the local level, especially with regard to reforms that are of particular importance to the citizens (such as effective governance, introduction of EU standards in local self-government, reform of inspection authorities, monitoring of public sector employment practices, multiple sectoral policies - agriculture, environmental protection, tourism, etc.).
Since 2006, the Foundation has organized a special program for members of local self-governments. The program was attended by 285 members of local self-governments from 50 cities and municipalities throughout Serbia, as well as representatives of local executive authorities and representatives of local businesses.
CDF has a long standing expertise in organizing public debates on strategic political, social and economic issues. We invite policy makers, experts, civil society activists, journalists, independent and regulatory bodies. Over 85 debates with more than 2000 participants have been organized since 2007.
Within our Crno na Belo Project, CDF has expanded its expertise, research and reach by attracting a large audience thanks to the use of various communication channels and interactive working methods. A sophisticated Internet platform, www.crnonabelo.com, has been visited by more than 50,000 users, with over 200,000 views and an has created an online community of some 20,000 members.
CDF directs its activities in the field of economic and social rights to the needs of vulnerable target groups, such as women, young people, elderly citizens, members of the LGBT community, etc. The Foundation has provided direct legal advice to more than 20,000 people.
CDF has extensive experience in working with and within large coalitions, as well as in developing capacities of local civil society organizations. Technical and financial support, as well as know-how has been provided for over 15 civil society organizations on the local leve.
CDF has an established PR strategy that enables our visibility and wide coverage of its actions in the media. The The Foundation has more than 100 media references a year.
Center for Democracy Foundation works through three programmatic priorities:
- PUBLIC DIALOGUE
- LABOUR, EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL COHESION
- RULE OF LAW AND GOOD GOVERNANCE
We bring together policy makers, experts, businessmen, journalists and social activists
Together we engage in debating key issues and search for common approaches in finding solutions
Our Latest Issues:
- Presidendt of the Republic and Serbian Constitution
- Europe in Serbia and Serbia in Europe – Where do We Meet?
- Democracy in the Era of Digital Revolution
- Solidarity and Health System in Serbia
- Work, Employment and New Technologies
- Cultural Policy and Democracy
- Strategic Goals and Problems of our Education System
- Privacy endangered
We monitor the implementetion of reforms and of the regulatory framework and we propose solutions to identified problems and new public policies.
Monitoring of the activities of the Government of the Republic of Serbia in drafting law on private employment agencies – „Openly about Public Policies“ – our report has been quoted by the European Social Policy Network (2017)
Analysis of the effects of the 2014 modifications of the Labour Law (2016)
Public policy proposal – Decrease of the unregistered work htourhg introduction of the information system with the Labour Inspectorate (2015)
Methodology of data collection and of monitoring of employment practices in local government and local public enterprises (2016)
Methodology for monitoring of employment in local government (2015)
Analysis „Decent Work and Grey Economy – Towards More Efficient Reduction of Unregistered Work and Grey Economy“ (2013)
Proposals for modifications of the Labour Law: some of our proposals were adopted (for example, the obligation of employers to maintain work contracts at the premises of companies, or increase of competencies of labour inspectorates)
We conduct research in the field of work and employment.
Profiles of the employed through private employment agencies, in cooperation with the Team for Social Inclusion and Reduction of Poverty (2017)
Transparency of procedrued and criteria for employment in organs and organization which are beneficiaries of public budgets – case studies (2015-2016)
Research „Citizens for Inspections` Reform“ - 5000 citizens participated (2014)
Towards More Efficient Proceedings of the Misdemeanor Courts and labour inspectorates in protecting the labour rights (2013)
Analysis „Civil Society and the Labour Rights“ (2013)
Research „Older Workers at the Labour Market – Some at Work and Some without Work and Pension“ (2012)
We conduct public campaigns for economic and social rights.
Initiative Crnonabelo.com – sustainable Internet platform www.crnonabelo.com which was visited by more than 50.000 visitors, with more thatn 200,000 reviews and with and on-line community of about 20,000 members which gives the CDF a large outreach (started in 2012)
Stop the Political Employment that Threatens Decent Work (2013) – a campaign for clear criteria in employment in public sector
Citizens for Inspections Reform / 5 new mobile and web applications have been created so as to improve commnication between citizens and inspectorates, with CSOs througout Serbia, such as „Green Inspector“, „Inspector Citizen“, „Invisible Worker“ .
Balkan Network for Decent Work, with partners from Croatia, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo
State, Business and Citizens in Protection of economic and social rights – Good practice in corporations (2008)
We assist citizens by providing them with information on work related issues and news and with legal advice.
We inform them about their rights and protection mechanisms
We provide free legal counseling
We offer links with institutions for protection of the labour rights
We include them in exchange of experience and in debates
We build partnerships and cooperation:
In the National Convent on the EU we chair the Working Group on chapters 2 and 19
With more than 20 CSOs we have cooperated through the Initiative „Crnonabelo.com“
We empower CSOs to work in the area of economic and social rights, through sub-granting, training and mentoring
We cooperate with trade unions, with Cooperation Agreement signed with the TU Nezavisnost (2017)
We have cooperated with National employment Service, Agency for Peaceful Resolution of Labour Distputes, Commissioner for Protection of Equality, Ombudsman, Labour Inspectorate, Directorate for Health and Safety at Work and with other institutions
2018-10-30 | Belgrade
- Comments/recommendations concerning the 2018-2020 Economic Reform Programme (ERP)
- Center for Democracy Foundation (Presentation)
- Položaj žena na tržištu rada
- Profil radnika zaposlenih preko agencija za privremeno zapošljavanje
- Statistics and Decent Work
- Analiza stručnih i političkih predloga za ustavnu reformu
- Izveštaj „Regulacija lizinga radne snage u Republici Srbiji“
- Analiza efekata primene izmena i dopuna Zakona o radu
- Regulacija "lizinga radne snage" u Republici Srbiji
- Pojmovnik dostojanstvenog rada
- DPF: Može li Srbija bez nauke? (Bilten br. 7)
- DPF: Ima li podele vlasti u Srbiji? (Bilten br. 6)
- DPF: Šta su doneli izbori? (Bilten br. 5)
- DPF: Migracije i evropske integracije (Bilten br. 4)
- Ka većoj transparentnosti i jasnim kriterijumima za zapošljavanje u javnom sektoru
- Lokalne samouprave i pristupni pregovori – zbornik radova
- Priručnik o programskom budžetu lokalnih samouprava u Srbiji
- Publikacija Informacioni sistem za potrebe Inspektorata za rad