New Debate: "Civil society in defense of democratic values"
The Centre for Democracy and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation have organised a debate entitled "Civil society in defence of democratic values" within the framework of the Democratic and Political Forum.
The Centre for Democracy and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation have organised a debate entitled "Civil society in defence of democratic values" within the framework of the Democratic and Political Forum. The individual, the state and society are all permanent participants in the history of our civilisation, who both impede on and at the same time complement each other. The freedoms and rights of each individual are dependent upon the strength of a society in curbing the autocracy of the state.
Since the introduction of the multiparty system and the initiation of the democratisation of Serbian society, civil society began its development largely as an alternative channel to an authoritarian regime. Further development of democracy in Serbia inevitably involves the participation of civil society and its contribution to the political process that takes place on a daily basis. Without the clear participation of civil society the exchange of arguments and constructive debates, which is the basis of every democratic process, democratic development is abandoned and left in its wake is irreparable damage to the society as a whole.
What we would like to achieve with the organisation of this debate is to pose the following: to what degree does civil society contribute to democratic processes in Serbia? As well as to consider to what extent can the public, the academic community, the media and NGOs aid in the development of democracy.
- Analysis: Elderly poverty in Serbia and Agenda 2030 (Summary)
- Closing Conference of the SDGs for All Platform - Recommendations
- Analysis: Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda (Summary)
- Energy Poverty Analysis (Summary)
- Analysis of the Gender Mainstreaming in the Economic Reform Programme for the period 2022-2024 (summary)
- Publication: Social Impact of Public Policies
- Regional Youth Compact for Europe - Project Report
- SDGs for ALL Project Brochure
- Serbia 2030: Development priorities – the non-state sector report
- Youth Transformative Potential in the EU Integration Processes and Post-Covid-19 Developments in the Western Balkans (Comparative Study)
- Democracy and EU enlargement in the Western Balkans: Can there be one without the other?
- Policy recommendation: Eradicating Poverty as Serbia’s Number One Strategy
- Policy Recommendation: Fulfilment of International Labour Organisation Standards as a Precondition of Sustainable Development in Serbia
- Serbia 2030: Readiness for implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- LABOUR MARKET AND EMPLOYMENT - SUMMARY REPORT
- Public Sector Ban on Employment – Issues and Recommendations
- Do we have the right to cultural rights?
- The Rule of Law in the Chapter 19 - Social Policy and Employment