Refugees and what to do with us – Possibilities and perspectives of refugee integration in Serbia (1996)
The issue of refugees from Croatia and Bosnia and their future was often raised and discussed as a dilemma between their return and integration. Considering the realistic view of how refugees in Serbia lived and the unsuccessful and long-lasting process of repatriation, the Centre for Democracy Foundation organised a round table with the intention of inspiring a public debate on the possibilities for reintegration and, in cooperation with other institutions, namely the Government of Serbia, facilitating development of a programme for refugee integration.
Round table discussions reflected on a number of aspects of integration and possible programmes in each of the following fields: legal, economic, social, psychological, urban living and the media.
In June 1996, the Foundation presented to the public the Initial programme for refugee integration in Serbia. "The presentation of the Initial Programme for refugee integration should be perceived as pressure exerted on state authorities to prepare an adequate programme for refugees, taking into account the realistic assessment that a large number of these individuals will remain in Serbia" said Dr. Marina Blagojević, one of the authors of the Programme.
2023-12-07 | Belgrade
2023-11-15 | Belgrade
- Serbia 2030 - Many challenges, little time: Is Serbia set on its development path?
- NCEU Recommendations 2023
- SDGs for All Platform newsletter (September 2023)
- POLITEIA Regional School for Youth Participation 2023 (leaflet)
- SDGs for All Platform newsletter (June 2023)
- Regional Youth Dialogue for Europe (leaflet)
- Poverty Projections for Older Persons
- The Impact of the Global Crisis on Vulnerable Groups
- Improving the Lives of Marginalised Groups
- The Tool For The Introduction Of The ‘Leave No One Behind’ Principle Into Legislative And Strategic Acts Of The Republic Of Serbia
- Easy Handbook to Support Professionals in working with Marginalised Groups
- User manual: How to Find a Job?
- Analysis: Elderly poverty in Serbia and Agenda 2030 (Summary)
- Closing Conference of the SDGs for All Platform - Recommendations
- Analysis: Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda (Summary)
- Energy Poverty Analysis (Summary)
- Analysis of the Gender Mainstreaming in the Economic Reform Programme for the period 2022-2024 (summary)
- Publication: Social Impact of Public Policies