Analysis: Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda (Summary)
SDGs for All Platform
Author: Associate Prof. Marina Savković, PhD
The Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda Analysis, authored by Associate Prof. Marina Savković, PhD, (Center for Democracy Foundation), was prepared in May of 2022 within the framework of the Advisory Thematic Group – Eradicating Poverty within the SDGs for ALL Platform.
The analysis considers the topic of child poverty, child care and children’s future, all within the context of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
An overview of the general state of child poverty in Serbia, a review of the legal-strategic framework and the issue of systemic care for children at the societal level were compiled. Principally, support of the education process as a significant way out of the "vicious circle of poverty” was taken into consideration.
The analysis includes recommendations aiming to contribute to the efforts required to eradicate child poverty. The recommendations are as follows: a comprehensive and regular system of monitoring the socio-economic position of children, investment in a universal welfare system, quality service provision and applying the concept of inclusive development.
Analysis: Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda (in Serbian)
Document/publication was produced within the “SDG For All” Platform, supported by the Governments of Switzerland and Germany and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
For further information please contact email@example.com
National dialogue on social inclusion and economic empowerment of Roma men and women and other marginalized groups
- Poverty Projections for Older Persons
- The Impact of the Global Crisis on Vulnerable Groups
- Improving the Lives of Marginalised Groups
- The Tool For The Introduction Of The ‘Leave No One Behind’ Principle Into Legislative And Strategic Acts Of The Republic Of Serbia
- Easy Handbook to Support Professionals in working with Marginalised Groups
- User manual: How to Find a Job?
- Analysis: Elderly poverty in Serbia and Agenda 2030 (Summary)
- Closing Conference of the SDGs for All Platform - Recommendations
- Analysis: Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda (Summary)
- Energy Poverty Analysis (Summary)
- Analysis of the Gender Mainstreaming in the Economic Reform Programme for the period 2022-2024 (summary)
- Publication: Social Impact of Public Policies
- Regional Youth Compact for Europe - Project Report
- SDGs for ALL Project Brochure
- Serbia 2030: Development priorities – the non-state sector report
- Youth Transformative Potential in the EU Integration Processes and Post-Covid-19 Developments in the Western Balkans (Comparative Study)
- Democracy and EU enlargement in the Western Balkans: Can there be one without the other?
- Policy recommendation: Eradicating Poverty as Serbia’s Number One Strategy