Information for the Public Benefit in the Era of ‘Fake News Pandemic’
Vesna Marjanović is the autor of analysis of media and information in times of new phenomenon, pandemic of fake news or "infodemia".
“The coronavirus pandemic has already shaken the very foundations of our healthcare system, our democratic system, international relations, and is testing solidarity within the EU as well as transatlantic relations. The economic outcome, what will happen to the poor, migrants and other vulnerable groups are all still unfathomable.”
“Events are unfolding at a rate that is difficult to keep up with. Never before have there been as much analyses, as many predictions, questions posed, theses, counter-arguments and opposing opinions on a single solitary subject.”
You can also read about the effects a pandemic has on information, the uncertainity that the future brings us, and share this text with others.
Center for Democracy Foundaction
This text is presenting the views of the author and does not represent the views of either the Balkan Democracy Fund or the Embassies of the Kingdom of Norway in Belgrade.
The text was written as part of a project funded by the Balkan Trust for Democracy of the German Marshal Fund of the United States (BTD) and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway in Belgrade.
- Analysis: Elderly poverty in Serbia and Agenda 2030 (Summary)
- Closing Conference of the SDGs for All Platform - Recommendations
- Analysis: Child Poverty and the 2030 Agenda (Summary)
- Energy Poverty Analysis (Summary)
- Analysis of the Gender Mainstreaming in the Economic Reform Programme for the period 2022-2024 (summary)
- Publication: Social Impact of Public Policies
- Regional Youth Compact for Europe - Project Report
- SDGs for ALL Project Brochure
- Serbia 2030: Development priorities – the non-state sector report
- Youth Transformative Potential in the EU Integration Processes and Post-Covid-19 Developments in the Western Balkans (Comparative Study)
- Democracy and EU enlargement in the Western Balkans: Can there be one without the other?
- Policy recommendation: Eradicating Poverty as Serbia’s Number One Strategy
- Policy Recommendation: Fulfilment of International Labour Organisation Standards as a Precondition of Sustainable Development in Serbia
- Serbia 2030: Readiness for implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- LABOUR MARKET AND EMPLOYMENT - SUMMARY REPORT
- Public Sector Ban on Employment – Issues and Recommendations
- Do we have the right to cultural rights?
- The Rule of Law in the Chapter 19 - Social Policy and Employment